Newsletter: March 2013
What’s new at Pangas Beach Club and Las Mareas de Tamarindo
Like last month, business at Pangas is consistently strong and steady. In the middle of high season, we’re seeing more and more patrons by the day as word of mouth starts to build in Tamarindo and its surrounding towns. Some general news:
- Events remain strong and Pangas has several weddings & events on the books for March
- Wednesday evenings now feature live jazz music starting at 7 p.m.
‘Have a Heart’ Charity Golf Tournament
- On February 14, 2013, Pangas Beach Club was proud to cater the barbecue for the 13th annual‘Have a Heart’ Charity Golf Tournament. The annual Valentine’s Day event is the major fundraiser for the non-profit Amigos de la Educacion Foundation, which offers scholarships to underprivileged youth in Costa Rica and works to improve local schools.
- Pangas was selected to cater the day’s luncheon at Hacienda Pinilla and the event was a huge success – Everyone was thrilled to be a part of such a good cause and we hope to join forces again next year.
- Valentine’s Day was jam-packed as the team worked to cater the‘Have a Heart’ Charity Golf Tournament luncheon during the day and host a special ‘aphrodisiac’ themed dinner back at the restaurant that night.
- The special ‘Aphrodisiac’ menufeatured mouth-watering dishes such as lobster stuffed roasted red peppers served over arugula salad with an organic honey balsamic vinaigrette and sauteed snapperserved over a heart of palm risottowith an avocado leek sauce…. mmm!
- The restaurant was completely full for dinner and guests also enjoyed a moonlit fire dancing show under the stars. Que romantica!
- In February, Pangas kicked off its new weekly Sunday Funday event.
- Each Sunday, Pangas now offers an all-you-can-eat BBQ buffet featuring dishes such as smoked ribs with pineapple BBQ sauce and mixed seafood paella.
- Sunday Funday also features kids’ activities, face painting, live music with Darin Talbot and fun for the whole family.
- The first event was a huge success and we hope Sunday Funday becomes a regular fixture at Pangas.
Las Mareas Villas
March is already turning out to be a big month for the six villas on Lot 14 in El Tesoro. Within the past two weeks, the Bosch appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators), Samsung TV’s & electronics, Cuisinart kitchen furnishings and everything else you could imagine from Crate & Barrel have arrived to make the villas 100% turnkey. Each day, the villas look more and more like finished units and by the time April rolls around, you might not even recognize them!
The La Cantina bi-folding doors arrived last month and are being installed as we speak. Villa #1already has its set (as shown in the image – left).
- The kitchen cabinetry is going in and looking better than we could have imagined.
- Our cabinetry was designed by Esteban Cordoba, the same designer who did the cabinets for the Four Seasons Hotel and you can tell, the quality of the wood and construction detail is top-notch.
- Soon, we’ll install the ovens and Bosch appliances to complement the wood cabinets.
Other Upcoming Events
- The quartzite granite kitchen counter topsare slated to be installed next week.
- Also, the high-efficiency 17-seet Carrier air-conditioning units are being installed at this very moment.
- The pool area is really coming along – So far, the team is hard at work on the common lounge and BBQ area, bathroom and infinity-edge pool. One of our favorite features is the concrete staircase leading down to the pool area – which also boasts beautiful ocean views!
Until Next Time…
- In a bit of non-construction related news, Las Mareas is also one of the silver sponsors for this year’s 2013 Robert August Surf & Turf Contest to benefit CEPIA, a Costa Rican non-profit dedicated to youth education and empowerment in rural Guanacaste.
- The annual contest includes a surf and golf tournament and takes place from March 15 – 18. Hope to see you all there!
With the daily progress on Lot 14 and the buzz around Tamarindo, it feels like everything is all coming together. We’re confident March will mark many big milestones for Las Mareas as we continue to show the villas and handle new inquiries daily. Very exciting! Stay tuned to our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/lasmareas, for more updates and new photos of the construction as we go along.